Designation : Director.
Email Address : email@example.com
Dr. Masroor Ahmad Bangash is one of the pioneer faculty members at Hazara University. He was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry. He has a vast experience of research and development. Furthermore, he has also worked extensively in .
The Hazara University ORIC vision is to enable and lead Pakistan's transformation to a knowledge-based economy dependent upon innovation and entrepreneurship.
“MAKING HAZARA UNIVERSITY A POWERHOUSE OF HIGH GROWTH INNOVATION”
“TRANSFORMING HAZARA UNIVERSITY TO DRIVE HIGH IMPACT INNOVATION, APPLIED RESEARCH AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP”
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORIC
The Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) at Hazara University is established to link research and commercialization from the University with emerging and existing firms across Pakistan and around the world. As an umbrella Work closely with the researchers, departments and university authorities. The office also serves as a conduit to local, regional and federal partners to ensure research results aid the growth of Pakistan’s economy.
Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) has developed a mechanism for research commercialization and will establish a Business/Technology Incubator to work closely for innovation and entrepreneurship.
ORIC consists of four important wings:
- Business Incubation
- Research Operations & Development
- University-Industrial Linkages and Technology Transfer
- Intellectual Property / Legal Services
ORIC in Hazara university works on the commercialization of research and helping startups to incubate, grow, create new jobs, products, services, markets, carry out innovation and bring in funding. We are be expected to:
- Secure funds for contractual research
- Generate Revenues from Research commercialization/ Technology Transfer
- Secure Investments for Incubates
- Create Jobs and Internships
ORIC activities will revolve around the following research cycle to ensure research impact on the economy and society.
SERVICES OFFERED BY ORIC
- Fundraising for research
- Provide information to faculty about various available research grants
- Link faculty with relevant industry
- Help and guide on patent filing and licensing
- The interface between faculty and the commercial sector
- Work with patent counsel to assess patentability/licensing
- Evaluate markets for commercialization of inventions
- Identify potential licensees
- Negotiate terms of licenses
- Assist with negotiating problematic sponsored research agreements
- Help faculty start companies